Animated videos can be a great asset for your sales and marketing effort. Why? Well, the thing is that all products and services need to be explained to consumers, and for that an animated explainer video is an excellent choice. This brings us to another question, “How?”. Such videos are inexpensive, quick and – since they get straight to the point of explaining the product or the service – very effective in converting prospects to customers. If you still haven’t started on the explainer video process for your company, below we list 5 good reasons to begin right away.
Once you’ve made a product explainer video and put it up on your website, YouTube and social media channels, someone, somewhere in the world, could be watching it at any given time. So it will help you attract prospects 24/7. This is so much better than traditional formats of marketing that are dependent on geographies and time zones. As an added plus, you don’t even have to monitor the media channels leaving you free for other, more important things. Also, since your animation for business video is available 24/7, you can use it as a highly effective digital marketing in an e-mail campaign. A simple link guiding prospects to your video could be enough. Don’t take our word for it though. Studies have shown that this is a marketing trend catching on across the world.
• 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.(Adobe)
• 76% of marketers plan to increase their use of YouTube and video marketing. (Social Media Examiner via Envisia)
Animated Video 1 – Long articles
Yes, we realise the irony of telling you video is better in the midst of a long article. And if you’re keen on hearing/watching a video, rather than reading this, here’s a link to a video that explains why explainer videos are important – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfb2-iifYBU (This is a video by a video animation company which explains how animated explainer videos work.) However, to get back to the topic at hand, with the internet assuming awesome speeds, video is now much easier to watch, with hardly any buffering time. That is why, consumers and professionals both, prefer watching video to reading a long (and, maybe tedious) article.
• Visitors spend 100% more of their time on pages that contain video. (Marketingsherpa)
• 59% of senior executives prefer video over text. (Brainshark)
• 90% of consumers watch online video. (Media Post)
• Video accounts for 52% of all mobile traffic. (eMarketer)
Sometimes it is difficult to communicate the benefits of your products and services. An explainer video takes the hassle out of answering the same questions from clients and prospects, and highlights all the necessary information in a neat, attractive video package. This not only works well for businesses that want to explain how their services work, but also for companies that want to answer FAQ’s from current customers. By the way, humour also works – customers love to be entertained. Failing this, an emotional connect with any life situation faced by a user will also add to your video. So if you have a professional scriptwriter write a script for your explainer video, it will both, attract and educate customers.
• 73% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase after watching videos that explain a product or service. (Animoto)
• 1 in 4 shoppers say they’ve used YouTube to search for a video related to a product they’re considering. (Google)
Convince and convert
Video presentations convert at a much higher rate than other forms of marketing. One main reason for this is because explainer videos are easy to digest (quick and to the point), entertaining and very targeted. Keeping your target customer in mind, you can create a video customised to their particular needs and desires. This includes everything from the way that they talk, to the issues that drive them to watch your video in the first place. And since the video shows them exactly how the product/service works, the conversion rate can be much higher. (Based on one of the oldest human behaviour patterns, “Believe what you see”.) Your conversion rates can skyrocket with a highly targeted video.
• Using the word video in an email subject line increases click through rates by 65%. (Hubspot)
• 71 percent of marketers said their video content’s conversion performance was either somewhat or much better compared to other types of marketing content. (Marketing Land)
Improve Search Engine Optimization
Explainer videos can definitely boost search engine optimization (SEO) for the keywords that your business targets. With Youtube officially listed as the second largest search engine in the world, many videos appear at the top of search results for targeted keywords. Apart from YouTube, your video will also boost SEO if you optimize the landing page on your website.
• 77% of marketers are using keyword tagging effectively on YouTube, providing a number of entries when people search for content. (Crazy Egg)
• Having a video compared to just text will almost triple the average number of linking domains. (Shareaholic)
Video – Just a fad? Or here to stay?
We could talk till we’re blue in the face about whether or not this trend of attracting and converting prospects easily with video will continue, but statistics will underline our argument better than anything we can say. So here goes.
• Video on Demand (VoD) by consumers is expected to grow double by 2019 (Cisco)
• Half of advertisers have reallocated their budget from TV to digital video. (AOL)
• By 2019, 80 percent of consumer internet activity will be watching videos. (Cisco)
The data clearly shows that business owners and marketers around the world plan to implement more video into their sales campaigns in the coming years, and for good reason. The right explainer video can expand your reach, attract new prospects, wow current customers and help increase revenue.