OK, so you’re ready to jump on-board. Ready for a rosy ride. Not so fast! You’re about to run into your biggest challenge yet: COST. Here are our suggestions to help move your video production process along.
Do your own homework:
Research online and look in-house for ideas to better recognize your product’s marketing needs.
- Understand your target demographic
- Understand the benefits of animation and of live action
- Understand basic costs related to both
- Understand the cost benefits of package deals
Determine your budget:
You need to keep aside a budget to ensure that your product or service gets the marketing push it needs to get the word out and to gain customers. Knowing your budget will separate what can be done from what cannot and therefore will help you set your expectations.
Brief the video production agency that you feel could be a good partner:
- Prepare a concise, clear brief with pertinent background information and what you want to achieve with your video marketing program.
- Inform the agency of any mandatory brand standards.
- Engage with the agency personally and invite key team members to ask questions.
- Offer examples of the videos you have liked and say why.
CISCO’s projected growth rates for video based traffic from 2014 to 2019
Here are a few tips that will help you decide on the type of video production agency you ought to brief:
1. Small & highly focused agencies: Agencies that specialize in video strategy and content will be better equipped than generic advertising agencies to help you determine your video content strategy & best practices. These agencies tend to be small and assign senior people to you, which in turn, assists in quick decision making and quality execution. Ideally, these agencies should have strategists, conceptualizers, script writers, directors and animators all in-house. Make sure no part of these core functions is outsourced. Ask this question upfront.
2. Agencies that are open to offering package deals and volume pricing: Most agencies will be happy to negotiate discounts if you have multiple video requirements over 3 to 12 months. Best to commit a fixed number of videos to be made within a fixed timeframe to get discounted per minute rates.