“No matter what you do, your job is to tell your story”
– Gary Vaynerchuk
Video marketing has become a mainstream marketing practice. With YouTube at the peak of its glory (and still reaching new heights!) videos have gained more importance than ever. And yes, we haven’t even mentioned Facebook, Instagram and Twitter yet.
Here are some tips for crafting a business video that people are likely to watch till the end.
- Go step-by-step
Irrespective of the type (business, entertainment, animator explainer videos…), every video tells a story. If you don’t understand the story yourself how will you narrate it to people? To draft the right story:
- Define your target audience. In other words, think about what sorts of people are likely to buy your services. The questions below will help you arrive at a customer profile that could be a good fit for your business:
Where are your customers located geographically? What’s their designation or income level? What are their interests? Are they more likely to be male or female? What’s the age range they fall into? How are they likely to do their research about your service – online or otherwise?
- Define the type of video you want to craft (e.g. explainer videos for a business). Then define the central theme and the message that you wish to convey. In the case of an explainer video, you may want to start with a common problem that your customers face and that they will relate to. Their problem could be difficult to solve or the current solution may not be optimal. Your explainer video can then set up your offering as the answer to the problem, ending with key benefits and a strong call to action.
- Build a powerful script.
- Create social media-friendly versions of the video
Every social media platform comes with its unique specifications for videos. Comply with these specifications to improve organic reach.
- Create an engaging narrative that hits home
You make them read, they will forget it in a couple of days. But, if you make them feel, they will remember it forever. Embed a story in your explainer video, a narrative that your audience will relate to. Keep your script crisp, natural, casual, and simple.
- Keep your video general and authentic
Keep the video as general as possible. General as in, if anybody from any country/socioeconomic background watches the video, he should feel like it’s his story. Use non-celeb faces. Keep a simple setting.
- Call-To-Action (CTA)
A Call-To-Action usually directs your audience to a landing page or a phone number so that people can reach you. It’s a good practice to add a CTA element at the end of your explainer video. A CTA can trigger a contact form, a subscription form, or can take viewers to your website. Sometimes it helps to add a description about your company e.g. explainer video company in Mumbai.
- Keep your explainer video technically sound
Pay special attention to the audio-visual quality of your explainer video. At the same time, you also want to keep it short and light-weight so that it won’t take much time to load. Use a professional voice over artist.
Though all of this might appear daunting, following these steps is essential. As Vince Lombardi once said,
“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”