WARNING: This recipe is designed for preparation by trained professionals only. Unsupervised attempts by amateurs may result in disaster.
- A comprehensive client brief
- Customer insight and requirements, 1.5 kg (chopped into short answers)
- Research on business and communication trends, 500 ml
- Final demands, 250 g (minced)
- Imagination, relevance and humour, ½ teaspoon each (if using potent quality as at Ripple)
- Animation preferences (organically grown)
- Consent (mashed)
- Suggestions, not more than a bucketful
- Refinement, 2.5 mg
1. Understanding of the briefing document & objective of the video
To blank brief document, add chunks of the clients’ valuable insights, what they need to achieve and information on their target audience. Cure the meaty requirements with intelligent analysis and to-the-point clarification. Marinate this mixture for a day in the mind of the Client Servicing manager and the Creative team.
2. Research the business category & communication trends
To the brain of a Ripple team member, add information about the client’s business category. Add heat in the form of strict deadlines. Bring to simmer, while slowly pouring in data on the communication trends. Stir occasionally.
3. Understand the target audience and get key insights that could help influence them
As the sauce thickens, ascertain the target audience for the dish by rechecking the client’s requirements. Set the flame and tone for the basal preparation. Options may include, but are not limited to – Clean, Simple, Edgy, Glossy, Textured – (wait, there’s more) – Colorful, Professional, Elegant, Young – (and more) – Fresh, Fun, Friendly, Sophisticated, Corporate, etc.
4. Concepts presentation & discussion with client
Present a carefully preserved melange of ideas to the client for testing. Satisfaction is probable, but not guaranteed. Whip the concoction rigorously with several concise and purposeful discussions. To the successful conceptualization, add final demands, minced and ready to cook. Skim out impurities and keep aside.
5. Scripting and screenwriting for the shortlisted concept
To the sizzling hot imagination of the Copywriting team, throw in a little sobering relevance, and a pinch of humour, à la mode, to taste. Maintain the temperature by keeping the team bound to an insanely clear cut schedule. Watch the condiments splutter as the script tempers. Put in the customer’s requirements and fricassee to perfection, as you begin to imagine both the visual and auditory grandness of the potential meal.
6. Selection of suitable art-style and animation treatment
Have the client select the required flavour from a range of proposed art styles and options. Dice the preferences and add to the scripted product.
7. Visual staging or storyboard making
Now, ladle into the computers of our animators and storyboard artists, the thick, amalgamated stew from the fruition of all the steps above. Watch the dish fall into a perfect mould, as the animators add layer after layer of wholesome goodness and breathe life into the delicacy. Seal with the consent of the client and head chef.
Bake by way of high quality animation treatment using premium, industry-standard software. This process will test the team’s mettle to the fullest. However, every extra gruelling second the dish spends in the oven, the purer and better it emerges when finally rendered for consumption.
9. Reiterations / Corrections
Polish away the little blemishes and imperfections of the near-completed masterpiece. Have the client drool at it in stupefied awe, and then come back to sobriety in order to drizzle on a few suggestions.
10. Final video delivery
Garnish with final audio/visual refinements. Wait for the “ooh’s” and “aah’s”. Serve with a bright smile to the satisfied client.