“If a picture is worth a thousand words, what’s a video worth? Priceless.”
Some would argue that the HR department is the cornerstone of any company. HR is the first and last point of contact between the company and its employees. Mining, hiring and retaining talent – these 3 ongoing tasks are what makes the HR department so important.
If you’re working as an HR professional, here’s how you can leverage the power of explainer videos in the training and corporate development process to make your processes more efficient and decrease your workload.
Maintain Quality And Uniformity
In a debate on verbal inductions vs explainer videos, who do you think would win? Explainer videos. Why?
When you have an explainer video for your new recruits, the company can ensure that:
- The same message is conveyed to every employee in the company.
- The margin of error, missing points, inconsistency, and misinterpretation which occurs in verbal induction, is diminished.
- The message delivery rate is faster than a verbal induction.
- The new hire is likely to understand your communication more clearly because retention rates are higher for visual content as compared to just text or just audio. Any collateral using a combination of auditory and visual stimuli is always more memorable than just auditory or just visual stimuli.
- Your HR processes don’t come to a standstill on account of the absence or resignation of HR personnel.
In a fast-paced C-suite environment, every second is precious. When it comes to training new employees on specific tasks/skills/processes, video is an extremely effective medium. Right from your HR policies to technical details of the tasks, anything and everything in between can be incorporated into a series of videos and broken up into modules. When your company hires freelance professionals, a 10-minute training video can save an hour’s worth of time on an on-call training session!
Leave An Impact
When you want to learn something, what do you prefer – reading an informative 2,000 words blog or watching an 8-10 minute video? Most of you will go with the video because an explainer video simplifies complex information and saves time. But, the real reason is that a video has the potential to tell you a story. Remember the stories we grew up with? We can still narrate them without straining our memory cells. The same psychology works here.
Creating explainer videos for your company is a no brainer:
- Deploy them on your website and they will help you improve your SEO rankings.
- Use them as a corporate communication tool and they will help you engage better with your audiences.
- Use them as a training medium and they will empower your employees, helping them become higher performers and improving your outcomes.
Videos are a win-win proposition! If you need a company that can help you create HR videos that work, visit Ripple Animation or e-mail us at email@example.com. We’d be happy to offer you a complementary consultation.